Come and meet The Million Second Team! Check the FAQs LINK (frequently asked questions) on the homepage for additional casting questions. We look forward to meeting you!
If you are planning to attend a CONTESTANT OPEN CALL, you are strongly encouraged to do the following:
1. Download the application form HERE and bring it with you to an open call.
2. Bring a non-returnable current photo of yourself.
3. Bring your mobile device (fully charged) with the app downloaded and registered in your name so you can play the game in line. (When the app becomes available)
4. It is a good idea to bring water and snacks for your wait in line.
NYC "WALK ON" OPEN CALLS DAILY THROUGH SEPTEMBER 19TH, 2013!
MILLION SECOND QUIZ HEADQUARTERS
536 W 41ST STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10036
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH - WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH / 7AM-5PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPEN CALLS:
- Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed inside the Million Second Quiz location.
- There are no in/out privileges.
- Smoking is not allowed in MSQ campus.
- People are allowed to line up for "Walk on open calls" only TWO hours prior to start time. No overnight camping permitted.
- If you require daily medication, keep in mind you may be on set for the duration of the show. Please plan accordingly.
- MSQ assumes no liability with respect to any missing or damaged items. Bring valuables at your own risk.
What should I bring to the open call?
Bring your completed contestant application (which can be downloaded on our website), your mobile device (fully charged) with the app downloaded and registered in your name so you can play the game in line. Also bring a non-returnable, recent photo of yourself (the photo is highly recommended, but is not required). It is a good idea to bring water and snacks for your wait in line.
What may I bring to the open call?
The list below is not exhaustive and even if an items is listed below, the producers and security reserve the right to ask you to remove any such items from the venue. Any items you bring are your responsibility and all bags are subject to a security check.
· Bags – 45 inches overall dimensions (length + width + height) not to exceed 22” long x 14” wide x 9” tall. Ie., a standard airline Carry-On sized bag
· Bottle Water
· Cell phones
· Digital or still cameras (no video cameras)
· iPads/Handheld Devices
· Medications with proof of prescription
What may I NOT bring to the Million Second Quiz location?
The list of prohibited items below is not exhaustive and even if an item is not listed below, the producers and security reserve the right to ask you to remove any such item from the venue. People in possession of prohibited items will be denied admission to the line and to the venue, and may be subject to immediate disqualification. All bags are subject to search.
· Clothing with logos
· Air mattresses
· Alcoholic beverages
· Aluminum cans or glass bottles
· Coolers of any kind unless for medical reasons (yes, you’ll have to prove it)
· Chairs or furniture
· Illegal Drugs
· Video Cameras or camcorders of any kind
· Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives)
Do you charge for applying to be a contestant?
There is no fee for applying to be a contestant on MSQ. If anyone asks you to pay a fee to gain entry into an open call, be moved to the front of the line, or for us to consider you, please report this to an MSQ team member.
Is there a charge for parking at the open call venue(s)?
There may be a parking fee at the venue. The parking fees are set and collected by the venue manager. We have nothing to do with the parking fees or facilities.
Should I send in a video submission if I plan to attend an open call?
It is not required, but we recommend you do so. There are several reasons why it is an advantage to submit a video even if you plan to meet our contestant team in person. It gives our team a chance to get familiar with you and it also could act as a second chance if you were not selected for a one-on-one interview at the open call.
What if I cannot attend an open call or make a video?
Attending an open call or submitting a video may increase your chances of getting selected to participate in the show. However, if you can't attend an open call or submit a video, this will not necessarily eliminate you from the casting process. If you do not have a video camera, we suggest you look into your local resources (i.e., borrowing one from friends or family, library, film school students, etc).
If you have a video link, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy via the postal service to:
ATTN: CONTESTANTS TEAM
10736 JEFFERSON BLVD, #501
CULVER CITY, CA 90230
What should I wear to the open call?
Please be presentable and look your best. Wear something that best represents you that is comfortable, as you will be waiting in line. COME CAMERA READY!
NO LOGOS OR TRADEMARKED SYMBOLS/GRAPHICS (This means no super heros, cartoon characters, etc
- NO OPEN-TOED SHOES, FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS
NO SMALL CONTRASTING STRIPES OR PATTERNS
NO SHORTS OR MINI SKIRTSNO ATHLETIC SHOES WITH LOGOS OR BRANDED SYMBOLS
NO SLEEVELESS SHIRTS OR TANK TOPS ON MEN
NO RIPPED, TORN STAINED OR OTHERWISE DAMAGED CLOTHING
What should I expect at the open call?
Our MSQ team will be holding 5 to 15 minute open call auditions 20 people at a time. If you have taken the quiz on your mobile device, that will fast track you to the group interview round. If you traveled from out of town, you may be asked to stay in town or travel back for an additional interview the day after.